Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Owen Honors replaced as skipper of Enterprise by Capt. Dee Mewbourne, 1987's 'Junior Intruder of the Year'

Captain Owen Honors, who has been relieved of his command of the U.S.S. Enterprise for making raucous shipboard videos played as introductions to closed-circuit "XO Movie Night" presentations, will perform administrative duties at Naval Air Forces Atlantic.

His replacement is Navy Cyber Forces Chief of Staff, Capt. Dee Mewbourne, whose Cyber Forces bio has already been deleted, though Google's cache of it is here.

Mewbourne appears to have been somewhat less popular aboard the U.S.S. Dwight Eisenhower than Honors was aboard the Enterprise.

In 2008, in her blog, Ruining Lives Aboard USS Dwight D. Eisenhower, Karisha Walker had this to say:
But I am comforted with the rumors that the Commanding Officer [Mewbourne] of USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69), my beloved ship,  is about to be fired by the Admiral of our strike group. I think we are strike group 8 right now. We are Carrier Air Wing Seven for sure...I think. I don't know.   I just know that this place sucks, the ship runs off of moral and right now...there is NONE. People are doing drugs just to get away from this place. There are people getting DUI's to get away from this command. It is horrible the things people are doing to get away from here and I completely understand.
     ...Thanks you prick [the SMO, not Mewbourne]. No, I have not yet told the family I am away from that life has changed once again. That, thanks to the wonderful workings of the United States Navy but more specifically the Commanding Officer of the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower, I will spend my last three months slowly and torturously awaiting my 'release' from this forsaken place.
     Who really has a great time in a place that has robbed them of rank, leave, valuable time, and basically said 'sorry, no lube' on top of the 'we feel like fucking you over and there is nothing you can do about it.'
     The paperwork that is always 'in route' but never 'fixed, you can continue on your life as planned', the CO [Mewbourne] that is all about 'I don't care what we told you, I changed my mind and we want to keep EVERYONE' along with my department that is all about the skill sets I possess being 'Good to the very last drop.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis