Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Omaha man bashed at Pepperjax after sticking up for gay friends: 'Yes, I know. I'm a boy in a dress.'
'Yeah, you're disgusting... Should I? Should I?'

Ryan Langenegger was bashed after three Old Market
Pepperjax customers harassed two of his gay friends,
one of whom was in drag, then followed them outside
when they abruptly left. Langenegger got facial bruising,

a gash and two chipped teeth. The rather stupid
assailants have apparently left a trail which includes
credit card receipts and security camera footage.
UPDATE: How mayor, cops are following up on this.

(Note: Although WOWT allows embedding of their video, AKSARBENT can't show it to you because it's way too big for our biggest column and can't be resized. KMTV allows embedding too, but their video of this incident rudely autoplays and doesn't stop when the piece ends. Sigh.)

Ryan Kellenegger, via WOWT:

"I see this happen all the time with my friends and it’s really sickening it’s 2013, we live in Omaha, a lot of people don’t realize that this stuff is going on and it's just not right, and I'm just not going to stand by and watch my friends and pretty much family get degraded its just not right."

The assault happened last Saturday night about 2 a.m. when Ryan Langenegger and his two friends, Josh Foo and Jacob Gellinger, were eating at the Pepperjax Grill in the Old Market
"We were eating and there was three guys watching us and one of them stepped up and was a foot or two away from my friend [Gellinger] and he just kept saying should I should I?" Langenegger explained.
Gellinger said eventually he told the men, "I know I'm a boy in a dress." Kellenegger said the men then told Gellinger, "Yeah, you're disgusting and more colorful language and insisted on using more derogatory toward my two friends."
At that point the three decided to leave the restaurant (at 12th & Howard), but they were followed out the door and cut off.
"I stepped in and said hey we aren’t looking for any trouble and as I’m talking to him one of his friends from the corner of my eye comes up and hits me in the face and I stand up and he also swings at my other friend and misses and I just look at him and say why? There's no reason for this."
     The friends say they are upset because they were minding their own business and didn't do anything to provoke the fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis