Saturday, December 17, 2011

FBI investigation reveals Toronto gay sex shop credit card charges by Southaven, MS GOP 'family values' mayor Greg Davis while on 'recruiting' trip

Southaven, MS Mayor Greg Davis and family
The Memphis Commercial Appeal says that there are 500 pages of receipts totaling $170,000 (apparently approved by Southaven aldermen), of which hizzoner, who likes to be thought of as a "family values" Republican, has repaid $96,000.
     $67 was spent at Priape in Toronto, which  describes itself as "Canada's premiere gay lifestyle store and sex shop." Davis can't remember what he bought there. (Perhaps a collar for his, um, dawg?)
     At the Mesquite Chop House in Southaven last June Davis left a $100 tip on a $37.88 bill for grilled fish and a martini. The Commercial Appeal noted that a month later "he bought $36.52 in a round of beers at the restaurant and again tipped the waiter $100."
      Davis appears to be fond of waiters alcoholic beverages — "during a dinner for legislators and attorneys at The Mint Restaurant in Ridgeland, Miss., Davis left a $1,000 tip on a $2,509.43 bill that included two bottles of Opus One wine for $415 each."
Bar, Mesquite Chop House, Southaven, MS
Davis told the Commercial Appeal:
"...I have got to start being honest about who I am...
Toronto gay sex shop, Priape
     "At this point in my life and in my career, while I have tried to maintain separation between my personal and public life, it is obvious that this can no longer remain the case," Davis said Thursday afternoon at his Southaven home. "While I have performed my job as mayor, in my opinion, as a very conservative, progressive individual...I think that it is important that I discuss the struggles I have had over the last few years when I came to the realization that I am gay."
AKSARBENT certainly understands what it's like to be a conservative, progressive individual who is straight at home and gay out of town and has all the empathy you can imagine for publicly reactionary antigay GOP politicians who get busted for being privately progressive.

In fact, it was just the other day that we were talking about conflicted people with our cat, dog while driving to the store in our Ranger, Silverado.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis