Thursday, October 20, 2011

Jon Stewart can't get quite enough of Calvin Trillin

Trillin, on the show again to promote his new book, defended his high falutin', Yale-informed snark.

Some other people said, "Aren't you ashamed of yourself, making a living by making fun of respectable public servants?" and my only defense is, it's not much of a living.
...My stuff, in a way, is too silly to reply to, for instance in the last campaign, I had a poem about Mitt Romney, which was:

Yes Mitt's so slick of speech and slick of garb, he
reminds us all of Ken of Ken and Barbie.
So quick to shed his moderate regalia,
he may, like Ken, be lacking genetalia.

...His press guy's not going to write me and say "The governor does have genetalia." It's no use arguing with someone like me.
...Al Gore comes across. He's still wearing his earth tone stuff from the campaign, and gives a very wooden speech about why I referred to him as a "man-like object."

Then here comes Senator D'Amato... He's very angry and I said "Well, it's a matter of rhyming.." D'Amato doesn't really rhyme with, it rhymes with toMAHto, but I'm from Kansas City; I can't really say toMAHto. It DOES rhyme with sleazeball obligato.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis