1) Does the 14th Amendment require states to license same-sex marriages?
2) And does it require them to recognize those marriages performed in other states?
Via SCOTUS blog:
- Oral argument audio from the first half of Obergefell v. Hodges is here.
- The oral argument audio for the second half of the argument is here.
- The transcript for the first half of the argument is here.
- The transcript for the second half of the argument is here.
Near the end of arguments on the first question, a gay marriage opponent (apparently an elderly man) was escorted, screaming, out of the chamber shortly after Justices Kagan and Breyer demolished a Scalia religious liberty objection regarding the supposed disqualification of anti-gay marriage ministers from officiating any marriages.