- started a political law firm to "run money for SuperPACs"
- he doesn't believe a raped woman should be allowed to terminate her pregnancy even if it threatens her own life, and he
- tells voters the brazen lie that Obamacare is an unconstitutional mandate even though the federal government has had laws requiring the purchase of health insurance since the 1700s!
|Barack Obama is the third president to back a health insurance mandate|
Slate says his research thoroughly rebuts the argument that Hilgers is using to try to con voters.
- In 1790, a Congress including 20 Founders passed a law requiring that ship owners buy medical insurance for their seamen. Washington signed it into law.
- In 1792, another law signed by Washington required that all able-bodied men buy a firearm. (So much for the argument that Congress can’t force us to participate in commerce.)
- And in 1798, a Congress with five framers passed a law requiring that all seamen buy hospital insurance for themselves. Adams signed this legislation.