Saturday, August 11, 2012

Lesbian comic Elvira Kurt disses Omaha; city reels under dark cloud of humiliation, shame and deep despair; silver lining: cloud may have rain

Omaha hater Elvira Kurt
Towleroad just posted, after the death of gay humorist David Rakoff, a street interview with him conducted by lesbian comedian Elvira Kurt in Toronto for Xtra!, a Canadian gay and lesbian news website. At left, Kurt shows the Internet her very special I-don't-like-Omaha face (at 3:03 in the video).
     The exchange in question:
David Rakoff: I don't like parades. I don't like the noise, I don't like the heat.
Elvira Kurt: You don't like the people.
David Rakoff: No. It's just not for me. You know, I express my solidarity in other ways.
Elvira Kurt: How...?
David Rakoff: I live openly, I'm a gay writer.
Elvira Kurt: You live openly in New York... Move to Omaha.
David Rakoff: Hey now. I can't drive.
Elvira Kurt: Really, you can't drive?
David Rakoff: You move to Omaha.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis